Friday, July 2, 2010

Berlin' alive

Guten Abend!

So much awesomeness has been condensed in the few days it is hard to begin...

My last night in Hamburg was by far the best in that city. The hostel still was a ghost town, but I met a fellow solo traveler who was awesome and we toured the churches during the day and ate some of the most filling mustard-salami sandwhiches that side of the Elbe. However the real awesomeness came during the evening when we went to a really super sweet bar to watch the football game. We sat in this bar and the guy to my left started talking to us. He turned out to be a local who know a load of info about Hamburg and took us on a personal tour of Hamburg. We wound up going to a pub on a boat and seeing the harbor and seeing where the Beatles started their career. It was super awesome and I left Hamburg on a postive note.

Berlin is a much different city. The hostel actually had real live people staying there and they were super cool. I use the past tense because the majority just left today. It is such a weird cycle of meeting people making fast friendships that quickly form and fade as people travel from city to city.

We have a roof that all the people at the hostel can go out and hang out on and that is where most of the drinking and bonding takes place. We have also went to some rockin Berlin clubs. The nightlife here is much more intense and awesome than back home. I hope that lazers don`t cause health issues because I got zapped in the eyes by quite a few.

Also it has been ungodly hot here. Almost over 100 degrees for the last 3 days. The room I sleep in is a legitimate sweatbox and smells pretty aweful, but luckly this place has a nice mainroom and plenty of ventalation.

The plans for the future look like Warsaw Poland on the near horizion and after that its just a big honkin´ ?

I´ll let you know when I`m in Poland!

Prost!
Eurokid

1 comment:

  1. I just wrote my comment and it went away...I'll get it soon! If yo still have your big beard I bet you're extra hot! Glad to hear you're meeting such interesting people, that is what makes the travel extra memorable! I love you more than the Berlin world and will see you soon..Stockholm here we come, days away now! Love you Bud, MIM

    ReplyDelete